Noc Noc Limited
Plain English Terms
The General Terms below are complicated legal terms that serve to protect us and make it clear the terms that will apply to users of Noc Noc services. These terms are here to give you a simple explanation of what the General Terms really mean in plain English.
These plain English terms set out what we intend the deal between us to be. However, these plain English terms are not legally binding and the General Terms are still the legal terms that will apply if anything goes wrong.
· Personal Information: Noc Noc will store your personal information when you are using our website and application. Because it keeps this information Noc Noc is a data controller, i.e. it has to take on the legal responsibilities that come with storing information.
· Sharing Personal Information: If and when we share any personal information about you, this will be shown in a way that is anonymous, in that you cannot be personally identified.
· Transferring Personal Information: Because Noc Noc has relationships with various online platforms (Facebook and Google), sometimes the data that is viewed by you flows from these platforms that stores the data (often the USA) to wherever you are located. You should know that that privacy protections and rights of government agencies to access your personal information in some of these countries will not be same as here in New Zealand.
· Amending/Deleting Personal Information: Because you can create an account via sign in with an online platform and not just Noc Noc, if you want to change or remove your personal information, you will also need to contact the relevant online platform involved (i.e. Facebook or Google).
· Log data: When you visit our website or application, Noc Noc collects data that your browser sends to us. This includes IP address, browser version, time and date of visit, and other statistics.
· Service Providers: Third-party companies that are employed by Noc Noc will never have your personal information disclosed, this data will be anonymous.
· Security: Noc Noc is using a highly secure cloud service to protect your data in the form of a secure sockets layer (SSL).
· Third-party Links: When you click on a third-party link to another site that is not operated by us, we have no control over or responsibility for the content or privacy policies of these other sites.
· Age Restriction: Our Service is only available to those who are 18 years of age or older. If a user who is under 18 provides us with any information we will immediately delete it once reported via our reporting mechanism.
Noc Noc Limited (a limited company incorporated in New Zealand) (Noc Noc) operates https://nocnoc.co.nz/(Website) as well as the application that Noc Noc makes available (Application). Together, the Website and Application provides Noc Noc’s service (Service).
This page is used to inform you of Noc Noc’s policies relating to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service. When we talk about Personal Information, we mean information relating to you or other identifiable individuals and which, if made available to a third party, would allow that third party to identify you.
Personal Information Collection
For a better experience while using our Service, we may receive certain Personal Information from Social Media Platforms, including but not limited to your name, phone number and/or email address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you. Noc Noc is the data controller in respect of this Personal Information.
Noc Noc cannot take responsibility for the content or privacy policies of any Social Media Platforms or Third-Party Apps. Please ensure you read and understand the privacy policies of any Social Media Platform or Third-Party App accessed by you via the Services.
Using Personal Information
Noc Noc uses your Personal Information for the following general purposes:
· to identify you when you login to your account;
· to enable us to operate the Service and provide it to you;
· to analyze the Websites or Application and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Service;
· to contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions;
· to keep you informed about the Service, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
· to sell or market Noc Noc products and services to you;
· to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, improve the features and usability of the Service, and better understand and market to our customers and users; and
· to keep the Service safe and secure.
We also use non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Service with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Service. We may share this type of anonymised statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use the Service, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience.
Sharing Personal Information
Since our goal is to help you create meaningful connections and interactions, the main sharing of users' information is, of course, with other users.
When you use our Service you share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the Service (including your public profile). Please err on the side of caution with your information and make sure that the content you share is material that you are comfortable being publically viewable since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it. If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or certain content or information about yourself, then this will be visible according to your settings.
We may use your Personal Information, either individually, in the aggregate, and/or combined with demographic information that we maintain or collect from third parties. However, such information will always be displayed in an anonymised way so that you personally cannot be identified.
We may disclose your personal information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government/law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
We may disclose anonymised information to companies affiliated with Noc Noc and/or unaffiliated third parties (i) to provide the products and services you have requested; and (ii) for administrative, analytical, and marketing purposes. Again, this information will not allow you to be identified by any third party.
Storage and Transfer of Personal Information
Noc Noc is a New Zealand incorporated company with its head-office located in Auckland, New Zealand. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), New Zealand is considered a country which provides adequate protections for Personal Information, as confirmed by the European Commission in Commission Decision 2013/65/EU.
The Services are provided from our office in New Zealand. However, by the very nature of the Service, the data that is viewed by you through the Service also may flow from where the relevant Social Media Platform stores the data (i.e. in most cases, in the United States) to wherever you are located in the world. In addition, Noc Noc uses third-party service providers (such as managed hosting providers, card processors, CRM systems, and technology partners) to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and other services that we use to operate the Service.
By using the Service or submitting any Personal Information to Noc Noc via the Service, you consent to Noc Noc and its authorized service partners using your Personal Information in New Zealand in order to make the Service available to you. Please be aware that the privacy protections and the rights of authorities and government agencies to access your Personal Information in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in New Zealand.
Noc Noc will guarantee that we will never sell your data to any third party. We may transfer your information if Noc Noc is involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
Noc Noc has appointed a Privacy Officer who can be contacted at email@example.com.
It is important for us that you are in control of your information, therefore we have provided you with the following tools:
· Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that is associated with your account directly within the Service.
· The Application has permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as location services and push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications.
· You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the Service.
· You can stop all information collection by an Application by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the Application from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the Application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by Noc Noc by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessing, Amending or Deleting Personal Information
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by Noc Noc. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. Noc Noc is not able to correct or, where relevant, erase Personal Information when that information originated from a Social Media Platform or other third party. In order to correct or erase such Personal Information, you will need to contact the relevant Social Media Platform directly. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Noc Noc for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law.
If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of the messages you received from him or her through our Service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Whenever you visit our Service, Noc Noc collects information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data that is commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our Websites use these “cookies” to collect information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
· To facilitate our Service;
· To provide the Service on our behalf;
· To perform Service-related services; or
· To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties will never have Personal Information disclosed to them by Noc Noc that would allow them to identify you but only in anonymised form.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. However, Noc Noc is using highly secure cloud services to store data protected by a secure sockets layer (SSL).
Links to Other Sites
Our Service is restricted to users who are 18 years or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our Service and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. In the case we discover someone under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete this Personal Information from our servers. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available on the Application.